Mornings are the toughest part of the day, without a doubt. I’m totally not a morning person, and I rely on my morning coffee to get me fueled for everything that is to come!
I used to be obsessed with Starbucks’ banana chocolate protein smoothies… Until the day that they discontinued it. Some locations still make it, but most don’t carry fresh bananas. Total bummer!
So when I found this recipe that combines espresso AND protein, I affectionately dubbed it the “Nectar of Life”. Seriously, this is LIFE juice.
The ingredients are simple, healthy, and all bring a boost of energy to my morning!
You’re going to LOVE this one.
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ banana, frozen
- ⅔ cup ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon and dash of nutmeg
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder or chocolate protein powder
- 2 ounces espresso or strong coffee
- honey or agave- Blend in the blender until smooth, not runny.- Top with sprinkles, or even coconut whipped cream!