When you’re a busy mom it can be challenging to find time to try out new recipes. The fact that I look cooking and being adventurous with food makes the matter worse. However, I always try to squeeze in some couple of minutes or even hours whenever I can to try out something I haven’t tried out in the past.
In my last adventure with a protein recipe, I must admit I amazed myself. This recipe not only turned out exactly how I wanted it to, but it was also handy throughout my day.
Whether you are on a low carb diet or trying your best to fuel up for the day, you can surely feel more satisfied with this healthy high-protein and delicious recipe:
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes Recipe
- Half a cup pumpkin puree
- Two large pastured eggs
- One tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Quarter cup almond milk
- Half teaspoon cider vinegar
- One cup of blanched almond flour
- Quarter cup of ground flax seed
- Half teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Quarter teaspoon baking soda
- Quarter teaspoon sea salt
- Some Pure maple syrup
- Some Sprinkle toasted walnuts, optional
- Heat grill to about 300 degrees F. Alternatively, you can heat the skillet over medium heat
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, coconut oil, eggs, vinegar, and almond milk. Add cinnamon, almond flour, flax, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Stir until perfectly combined. The batter should be slightly thick.
- Oil the griddle lightly with coconut oil. Pour some batter to the griddle utilizing a ⅛ cup measure. You can also use a heaping tablespoon. The pancakes will be ready to flip whenever you see bubbles pop on the surface of the pancake. It should take roughly 3 minutes. Proceed with cooking the other side until it is golden brown.
- Enjoy with some toasted walnuts and pure maple syrup.