Last Updated on by
In today’s article, I will review the Amino Lean supplement which is a BCAA product made by RSP Nutrition. It serves as a pre-workout drink and it is rich in amino acids. According to the manufacturer, this is a natural energy beverage created to help you burn fat while also building lean muscle mass.
Below, you will discover the most important characteristics of this supplement: its ingredients, benefits, effectiveness, taste, possible side effects, costs, and more.
- 1 What It Is & a Few Words about the Company
- 2 Ingredient Profile
- 3 Nutritional Facts
- 4 Taste and Mixability
- 5 Pros and Cons
- 6 Benefits and Effectiveness
- 7 How Much Does It Cost?
- 8 Possible Side Effects
- 9 Who Should Consume RSP Amino Lean?
- 10 What Consumers Are Saying About This Product
- 11 Bottom Line of RSP Amino Lean
What It Is & a Few Words about the Company
RSP Amino Lean is an energizing supplement that is supposed to help consumers lose weight and gain an energy boost. It comes in the form of a powder and it was created by RSP Nutrition which is a health supplements brand. All their products promote energy, better focus, strength, endurance, and weight loss. Most of these supplements contain green tea, caffeine, raspberry ketones, and other important ingredients.
The company’s headquarters is located in Miami, Florida and it was launched in 2009. Their main goal was to target the sports nutrition niche by providing safe yet effective supplements for professional athletes as well as sports enthusiasts. Their top products are Amino Lean which I will review today, Lean Omega, and Quadra Lean.
It seems that Amino Lean was created in the company’s attempt to serve multiple markets: potential consumers who were looking for a strong fat burner and people trying to find an effective pre-workout formula. Still, in my humble opinion, this product shouldn’t be used exclusively for weight loss.
RSP Amino Lean contains both traditional BCAAs and an additional amino acid blend that contains glutamine, beta alanine, and others. The manufacturer has chosen to include proprietary blends in their product’s formula. The downside of their decision is translated into an almost impossible mission when it comes to calculating each ingredient’s dosage in an accurate manner. On the other hand, all compounds are categorized into three different groups of ingredients.
a. Amino Acid Blend
This mix is comprised of the following compounds:
Besides these elements, you will also find some other essential amino acids:
The good news is that all the BCAAs along with Citrulline and Beta-Alanine are great for one’s health. The bad news is that all the other amino acids are basically useless. In fact, you are probably consuming these ingredients in your daily diet or even when you drink a regular post-workout protein shake.
b. Fat Loss Blend
RSP lists the following mixed compounds as parts of their fat loss blend:
- Green tea extract;
- CLA – Conjugated Linoleic Acid which is said to induce fat loss although this topic remains quite controversial;
- Green coffee extract;
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate – most people think this is an amino acid but it actually is a dipeptide which is a result of two different amino acids mixed together. Supplementing your regular diet with L-Carnitine leads to several health benefits such as speedy muscle recovery, performance enhancement, improved cognitive function, and fat loss.
This blend has the same issue as all the other ingredients of RSP Amino Lean: the insufficient dosage. While green tea and green coffee extracts are safe and effective weight-loss boosters (although underdosed), the other two compounds are not backed up by science. What I mean is that they are not verified, weight-loss agents. Finally, none of these ingredients will truly help you lose fat unless you combine them with another type of stimulant fat-burner.
c. Natural Energy Blend
The third blend consists of the elements listed below:
Despite the fact that the amount of caffeine is not very high, it is quite enough, especially for people who don’t drink coffee on a regular basis. It is true that caffeine can stimulate fat loss but I’m not so sure about the other two ingredients.
As you can see, Amino Lean contains potent ingredients. One serving equals one cup of coffee in terms of energy and benefits. Moreover, I can assure you that this product has a very good taste but I will tell you more about that later on.
|Nutritional Values – RSP Amino Lean – per one serving (2 scoops = 7.8 g)|
|Amino Acid Blend||5000 mg|
|Fat Loss Blend||1500 mg|
|Natural Energy and Focus Blend||130 mg|
|Total Caffeine||125 mg|
Taste and Mixability
There are six available flavors marketed under the brand of RSP Amino Lean:
- Blackberry pomegranate;
- Fruit punch;
- Strawberry kiwi;
The first one is my favorite flavor and the taste is simply delicious. It is delicate and not overly sweet or overpowering at all. Consumers will definitely enjoy all these refreshing varieties.
In terms of mixability, I usually combine one or two scoops of this powder with 12-16 ounces of water or organic juice. You can mix it in a shaker or even in a simple plastic bottle. Either way, you will achieve a nice beverage with a great texture that is free of clumps and residues. Also, the powder dissolves very quickly in any liquid. I personally like to add a couple of ice cubes as well for a more refreshing effect.
Pros and Cons
- Boosts your energy level;
- Contains healthy ingredient blends like green tea extract and amino acids;
- Speeds up the muscle recovery process;
- Boosts your metabolic rate;
- Promotes a healthy heart and regulates blood pressure;
- Many of its ingredients lead to an enhanced physical performance;
- Has a pleasant taste and a nice flavor;
- Acts as an effective appetite suppressant;
- Contains caffeine which gives you the energy pump you need, especially in the morning;
- It is a soy-free supplement.
- The dosages of its proprietary blends are not specified anywhere on the company’s website nor on the product’s label;
- According to some consumers, the dosages are too low to be completely effective;
- Provides a lower energy boost compared to other similar products;
- There are no scientific studies to back up this supplement’s weight and fat loss properties;
- Some people consider it to be quite expensive. Still, others think it is an affordable powder so this remains a debatable topic;
- Sometimes, a high amount of amino acids can inhibit the body’s fat burning process;
- Contains certain unnecessary ingredients that are quite useless for people who are trying to lose weight and burn fat. Two examples are acesulfame potassium and sucralose;
- The product doesn’t come with a money-back guarantee.
Benefits and Effectiveness
RSP Amino Lean provides plenty of health and fitness benefits. The combination of leucine, valine, and isoleucine is a great combo if you want to build muscle. Also, adding taurine to the entire mix helps consumers focus better and gain endurance. Citrulline is good for your blood circulation while L-carnitine lowers muscle soreness. Still, the main issue with all these compounds is their quantity.
What I mean by that is that you won’t find how much of each of these ingredients you will consume because their amounts are not properly specified anywhere on the label. This usually happens when the manufacturing company uses proprietary blends to prepare their supplements.
All in all, here are some of the most important health and fitness benefits provided by RSP Amino Lean:
- Enhances your workout performance and increases endurance;
- Promotes a speedier muscle recovery and decreases muscle soreness;
- Supports lean muscle growth and claims to burn fat;
- Acts as an energy booster due to its green tea extract content;
- Improves blood circulation and helps you focus better;
- Helps you fight fatigue;
- Maintains your body’s hormonal balance, especially during workouts;
- Improves your overall health.
How Much Does It Cost?
You can purchase this supplement from the company’s official website, on iHerb.com, or on Amazon. The price may vary depending on the seller and the size of the container (the number of servings).
RSP Nutrition Official Website
- A small 30-serving container – $19.97;
- A large container with 70 servings – $36.97.
a. A small container with 30 servings:
- Blackberry pomegranate flavor – $17.10;
- Fruit punch– $16;
- Lemon lime – $18.43;
- Passion fruit – $19.46;
- Strawberry kiwi – $18.99;
- Watermelon flavor – $15.06.
b. A large container with 70 servings:
- Blackberry pomegranate – $33.24;
- Fruit punch – $33.24;
- Lemon lime – $33.24;
- Passion fruit – $34.99;
- Strawberry kiwi – $36.97;
- Watermelon flavor – $34.99.
If you decide to subscribe and become a member of Amazon Prime, you will benefit from a 5% discount on any order. Moreover, the shipping is free all over the United States.
Here, one container of 8.25 ounces (234 grams) costs $19.97 which translates into $2.42 per ounce. iHerb.com offers a similar perk as Amazon: clients receive a 5% loyalty credit for every new order they place at this online supplier. Also, if you decide to purchase three containers instead of one, you will earn a 5% quantity discount which means you will pay only $18.97 per one container.
Possible Side Effects
Amino Lean is a safe supplement that doesn’t have serious side effects. Still, a few individuals said they have experienced a couple of issues like:
- Elevated blood pressure;
- Increased urination;
- Skin tingling.
Who Should Consume RSP Amino Lean?
The RSP Amino Lean supplement is suited for both professional athletes and active individuals who are trying to boost muscle mass growth. So, if you are a healthy adult, of at least 18 years old, and you want to boost your energy and focus, burn fat, and reach your personal fitness goals, this product was intended for you. It also works for people who want to boost the process of muscle protein synthesis.
What Consumers Are Saying About This Product
Many consumers are satisfied with the way this supplement works for them. Some of them say that RSP Amino Lean is one of the best products of its kind on the market while others state this energy beverage plays the role of their morning coffee.
On Amazon, Amino Lean has received over 1000 reviews and it has attained a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. However, there are a few users who are not very happy with this product. Most of the complaints say Amino Lean is just an ok supplement with a decent yet mediocre effect and that there are many other products out there that work better and provide a more significant result.
Bottom Line of RSP Amino Lean
All in all, this product is a mediocre post-workout supplement. In this final verdict section, I will summarize each of its three most important benefits that the company claims their powder provides: energy, fat loss, and recovery.
It gives you an energy boost but it is simply not enough. There are other similar products that increase your overall energy in a more intense way. This product will not work for you if you use to train several days per week because, in that situation, your body needs a serious kick. Some people even say that drinking a cup of coffee works better for them than consuming this supplement.
Unfortunately, there are no noticeable results in the weight-loss and fat-burning department. Most customers have noticed a slight leaning effect but this is applicable to those who have exceeded the recommended daily dosage. So, in this regard, Amino Lean is quite disappointing.
The company claims this product speeds up your post-workout muscle recovery process but most people who have tried it say they don’t think this is totally true. However, from all these three main potential benefits, the recovery part is the most effective one, being closer to what the manufacturer promises.
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.