The world of health and healthy living is one that promotes a wide range of interesting new tonics and concoctions. While Wheatgrass and barley grass are both things that you have probably heard of, if you are like me you have no idea what the differences are, which is better for you, and which you should be choosing.
- 1 Wheatgrass and Barley Grass — How are they similar?
- 2 Wheatgrass
- 3 What are the Health Benefits of Wheatgrass?
- 4 More Details About Wheatgrass
- 5 What are Users Saying About Wheatgrass?
- 6 Barley Grass
- 7 The Health Benefits of Barley Grass
- 8 More Details About Barley Grass
- 9 Final Thoughts
Wheatgrass and Barley Grass — How are they similar?
Wheatgrass and barley grass both have high levels of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is the green pigment that is rich in nutrients, like magnesium, that is found in both of these.
- They both have high levels of magnesium, calcium, potassium, and iron.
- Both are a source of superoxide dismutase, an antioxidant.
- There are many vitamins, minerals, and amino acids in wheatgrass and barley grass.
- Both wheatgrass and barley grass have vitamins A, C, E, K, and folate.
Wheatgrass and Barley Grass — How are they different?
- Wheatgrass is known for its bitter flavor; Barley Grass has a milder flavor.
- There is more protein in barley Grass than in wheatgrass.
- Barley Grass comes from the young shoots of the barley plant and wheatgrass comes from the young shoots of the wheat plant.
When you are looking to obtain maximum health and want to have all of the advantages that living a healthy lifestyle can offer you, then you need to know about wheatgrass. Many people believe that Wheatgrass is the single most important superfood that is available today. The nutritional content of wheatgrass is very high, and it has been documented to improve circulation, build red blood cells, strengthen red blood cells, and help to reduce inflammation.
What Companies Make Wheatgrass?
Dynamic Greens Wheatgrass Juice
Dynamic Greens Wheatgrass Juice sells one product. They sell frozen wheatgrass juice. You can purchase in amounts that are between 50 fl oz and 800 fl oz. The product sells for a rate between $1.25/ounce and $2/ounce depending on how much you are purchasing. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
True Leaf Market – Hydroponic Wheatgrass Growing Kit
True Leaf Market offers you a choice of many different options for growing your own wheatgrass. You can choose a kit, or you can purchase materials individually if you already have some of the things that you need. Regardless of what you choose, this is one of the best ways to be able to get wheatgrass that is fresh and healthy year round. Featured above is the Hydroponic Wheatgrass Growing Kit that retails for less than $50.
Thrive Market – Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder
Thrive Market offers the convenience of a health food store at home. They offer affordable prices, and you can have all of your health-related food needs met and sent to you. They offer Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder that costs just $12.99 per bag. This is a very affordable way to discover the many benefits of wheatgrass for yourself.
Pines markets themselves as the “wheatgrass people.” So, you know when you are looking at their products that you will find a variety of choices to meet your nutritional needs. They offer 100% organic wheatgrass products. They offer both Wheatgrass Tablets and Wheatgrass Powder.
Nuts.com offers Organic Wheatgrass Powder. Their prices are fair and quick a shipping time as promised. You will find that you are feeling better as soon as you add your new wheatgrass routine to your nutrition lifestyle.
What are the Health Benefits of Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass delivers a large number of fantastic health benefits to you. There are many different vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that you simply do not get from other foods which are all combined and make up wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass is a Great Source of Chlorophyll
Chlorophyll is found in Wheatgrass. It is in the parts of the plant that create the rich green color. They help to reduce the aging process by slowing the growth of bacteria that makes you age. Many people believe that this is what gives you the energy boost after you consume wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass Has a TON of Amino Acids
Perhaps the single biggest reason that wheatgrass is so healthy is that it has seventeen different amino acids. Amino acids help you to develop strength and help to rebuild your muscles.
The Antioxidants in Amino Acids Are Natural
There are many antioxidants found in the amino acids that occur naturally. You are getting the benefits of vitamins A, C, and E naturally!
Wheatgrass Helps You to Have Less Inflammation
Inflammation is often a problem that causes pain in the joints and bones. By consuming wheatgrass on a regular basis, you will see that there is a reduction in the inflammation.
Wheatgrass Has High Levels of Oxygen
There are high levels of oxygen that are found in oxygen. In recent years, science has begun to prove to us just how important these high levels of oxygen are for the body and what they can offer. This even helps to stimulate circulation which promotes overall better circulatory health.
As you can see, there is a wide range of health benefits that you will have when you are using wheatgrass on a regular basis.
More Details About Wheatgrass
There are so many more benefits that you can find with wheatgrass. However, there are even more benefits that you might not have considered or thought about.
10 Little Known Benefits of Wheatgrass
- Wheatgrass, when consumed in liquid form, has the ability to be absorbed by tissues and this can both refine and renew tissues in the body.
- Consuming chlorophyll actually helps the skin, not only on the outside but in the many layers below. It actually helps to balance and create a healthier skin from within. It can help with skin diseases that affect the itching and burning of the rectum, dry and weeping eczema, poison ivy, and issues caused by bug bites and infections.
- Chlorophyll can be used to clear up allergies and sinus issues.
- Liquid chlorophyll can help you to detox from medications as it washes the drugs right out of your body.
- The toxins in your body are neutralized with chlorophyll.
- You can improve your liver health with wheatgrass as chlorophyll will help to purify your liver.
- Chlorophyll helps to lower blood sugars when high and helps you to maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
- Chlorophyll has antiseptic benefits as well, thus meaning that it can help cure diseases and problems more quickly.
- Wheatgrass is a nutritionally complete food. This means that if you had nothing else you could sustain your health just by consuming wheatgrass.
- Wheatgrass juice can not only help to heal acne, but it can also help to remove the devastating acne scars from years of skin issues.
Why Drink Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass can be drunk on a regular basis every day. It offers a wide range of nutritional benefits to keep you going.
Did you know that wheatgrass has an unusually high level of protein? What’s more is that with seventeen different amino acids, you can be sure that protein gains will be made. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein.
Getting fresh wheatgrass can be more beneficial than powders or capsules because you get more of the benefits of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a natural antibacterial agent and can help to keep you healthy. Wheatgrass is the best source of living chlorophyll that you can buy.
Who Should Drink Wheatgrass?
Everyone should be drinking wheatgrass. Regardless of age, gender, socioeconomic status, or race, wheatgrass can be beneficial to you. In fact, everyone should start drinking wheatgrass immediately.
What are the Nutritional Benefits of Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass has some amazing nutritional stats. In fact, there are many great things that will happen to your body when you start drinking just one ounce of wheatgrass each day. The following are just some of those benefits:
- There are one hundred and three amino acids, vitamins, and minerals found in wheatgrass and drinking just one ounce each day provides them all to you.
- You are getting as many nutrients as you would in two and a half pounds of fruits and vegetables when you drink one ounce of wheatgrass.
- Wheatgrass has high levels of vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E, and K.
- It is one of the only natural ways to consume high levels of chlorophyll.
- Wheatgrass juice is one of the natural forms of vitamin B-17.
- It helps to cleanse the body from within and purifies the body as well.
- It can aid and help with weight loss.
You can see that there is a wide range of nutritional benefits that you will enjoy when consuming wheatgrass on a daily basis. Even just a small amount, as in one ounce, will provide you with lasting nutritional benefits and effects.
- You get a huge vitamin and mineral burst from a simple shot of wheatgrass.
- Wheatgrass is readily available in multiple forms.
- It will help you to look younger.
- You will get a boost in your immune system.
- You will begin feeling healthier immediately.
- Wheatgrass will quickly start to remove toxins from your body.
- It helps to improve circulation and organ function.
- Wheatgrass can cleanse your liver.
- It promotes healthy and clear skin.
- It can aid weight loss.
- Some forms of wheatgrass do not offer the benefits that others do. You get more nutritional benefits from having it in its natural liquid form (i.e., not made from a powder).
- Some people have a loss of appetite after taking wheatgrass.
- It is not suitable for pregnant or nursing women.
- It can cause nausea.
- You might suffer from constipation. (This can be avoided by being sure that you are well hydrated. With the wheatgrass flushing your system, you will need more hydration than normal.)
- Many people find the flavor of wheatgrass to be off-putting and choose to add it to a smoothie or other food, but this can ultimately interrupt some of the absorptions in the body.
What are Users Saying About Wheatgrass?
Personally, I always say that the day that my healthy lifestyle game jumped up a notch, was the day that I started using wheatgrass on a daily basis. I find that it helps me to feel better, helps me to keep my system clean, helps to reduce cravings for unhealthy foods, and much more. I would highly recommend that everyone use wheatgrass.
One man said, “My wife forced me to try wheatgrass for the first time. She told me to give it a chance for a week and that if I saw no improvement in my health that she would never ask me to again. Well, that was two and a half years ago, and I am still going strong. I can’t imagine spending the day without having first had my wheatgrass shot. I even carry wheatgrass powder with me when I am traveling for work.”
A teenager said, “Before wheatgrass, my life was a mess. I suffered from chronic issues with indigestion and reflux. Also, I had horrible acne and feared that no one would think I was pretty because of my acne scars. I was just in a bad place. I have since started to improve my health, have beautiful clear skin that I never dreamed I could have, and have no scars on my face. Wheatgrass was a game changer and saved my life in many ways.”
While most people have heard of wheatgrass, few have heard of barley grass. Barley grass comes from the leaf of the barley plant and on the grain. It is a strong grain that can grow in a wide variety of different climates. When harvested at a young age, you are able to get all of the amazing benefits of barley grass. Many people do not realize that barley is one of the oldest grains out there.
What Companies Make Barley Grass?
Many companies are marketing barley grass products. Even more, are popping up on a regular basis so that you might find a new Barley Grass company soon.
The Synergy Company – Organic Barley Grass Juice Powder
The Synergy Company produces high-quality barley grass powder. This powder is a delicious way to consume extra barley grass. If you do not prefer the taste, then you can certainly add the powder to your favorite juice or blend it into your favorite smoothie. They offer the option to subscribe and save by getting monthly deliveries as well. This means that you can score yourself a deal if you plan on taking barley grass all of the time. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
Nuts.com offers a nice collection of healthy powders and supplements. One of their top sellers is their barley grass powder. This delicious powder offers you all of the health benefits in an easy to consume (or mix into anything) powder.
Swanson GreenFoods Formulas Barley Grass
Fresh juice is best. A powder is good. A pill form is okay. The body does not absorb the nutrients from pills as well as it does from powder, but that does not mean that you are not still going to see some benefits from consuming barley grass in pill form.
The Health Benefits of Barley Grass
Many people do not realize that barley grass has a number of medicinal benefits. In fact, it has been being used as medicine since about 7000 BCE. The ancient peoples realized just how healthy barley grass was and have been using it in their diets ever since. There are a number of health benefits that you can take advantage of just by utilizing barley grass in your daily routine.
Barley Grass is Packed Full of Nutrients
There are minerals, vitamins, and proteins in barley grass. The juice of barley grass contains vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, B12; folic acid, beta-carotene, and pantothenic acid. Barley grass also has a high concentrate of minerals including calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and magnesium.
Barley Grass Offers You the Benefits of Antioxidants
You are not going to have to worry about free radicals if you are using barley grass on a regular basis. Barley grass can actually scavenge free radicals. This means that it seeks them out and tries to neutralize them in the body which will give you ultimate health. You will see an instant improvement in some conditions like arthritis, type II diabetes, and gout.
Barley Grass Can Prevent Cancer
One of the best things about barley grass is that it is known to help prevent cancer in the body. The human tissue cells are actually protected from carcinogens thanks to barley grass. This is largely due to the amount of chlorophyll in barley grass. The stuff that makes barley grass green really helps to protect you from a number of problems.
Barley Grass Can Lower Bad Cholesterol
Barley grass contains elements that allow you to have hyperlipidemia. Overall cholesterol and LDL (bad cholesterol) are going to be lower thanks to the beta-sitosterol that is contained.
Today many studies are being done on barley grass to fully understand what the benefits of what it has to offer.
More Details About Barley Grass
There are some things that you probably don’t know about the benefits of barley grass. Some people even claim that barley grass has more vitamins and minerals and is more nutritious than wheatgrass.
9 Facts You Probably Don’t Know About Barley Grass
- Barley grass contains the P4D1 enzyme which repairs DNA cells and produces the cells that fight against cancer cells.
- Barley grass contains SOD which is superoxide dismutase. This is a power enzyme which has many anti-aging properties.
- It contains chromium which works to enhance insulin action.
- Folic acid is also found in barley grass. Folic acid can help produce and maintain new cells, work to aid growth and development (especially important during pregnancy), and prevent anemia to name a few benefits.
- It contains the powerful antioxidants: 7-0-GIO or Lutonarin and 7-0-GIV or Saponarin which help to prevent environmental stressors on the body.
- There are high levels of chlorophyll which has a lot of specific benefits to the body.
- Plus, there are beneficial phytochemicals which can be found in the soil.
- Your body gets an extra boost from organic sodium. This is important to note because sodium in its natural form is very good for the body and helps you to have a nice level of hydration and keeps you from being dehydrated.
- Barley grass contains peroxidase, which helps to counteract the carcinogens P-1 and P-2 that are commonly found in fish.
There are so many things that you should know about the amazing benefits of barley grass. Barley grass gives you a lot of nutritional elements that you are not going to see in other supplements or foods.
Why Drink Barley Grass?
Barley grass juice is an amazing superfood that is going to start to repair the body and improve your health instantly. Barley grass juice has been used for centuries for its healing and medicinal properties to the body. There are actual mentions of this grain in ancient medicine texts because it was so commonly used for a wide variety of ailments.
Barley grass has been shown to help digestive issues. It is a great choice for people who have reflux or common indigestion from eating. However, many people do not realize that it can even benefit the body further by helping to reduce the effects of free radicals on the body. This is important to note in a world where pollution rates are rising, and there are more free radicals than ever before.
Plus, you are going to see increased weight loss with the consumption of barley grass. This is going to happen because it actually stimulates and increases your metabolism leaving you ready to burn calories at an optimal rate.
Who Should Drink Barley Grass?
One of the best things about barley grass is that it is safe for everyone. It does not matter if you are an older adult, a young adult, or even a child; you can have the amazing health benefits of barley grass. You simply just add a shot of the juice to your foods or smoothies or take it like a shot. The flavor is not the most pleasant, so many people do not enjoy consuming barley grass.
Nutritional Information About Barley Grass
Barley grass is one of the newest superfoods to hit the market. Health fanatics are going crazy over its amazing benefits and highly nutritious content. This does not mean that barley grass cannot be for everyone, because it can. Everyone can benefit from barley grass.
Barley grass has a very long history of offering the best health benefits around. It has been being used for over 9000 years to cure ailments and treat diseases.
Barley grass has essential vitamins and nutrients that are going to boost your liver and the way that it processes.
People who have Type II diabetes can reap the benefits of having controlled and stable blood sugar with the use of barley grass.
In addition, barley grass and can help to push toxic build up through the body quicker. When you eat junk food, you are literally poisoning your body and causing there to be high levels of toxins within the body. Drinking a shot of barley grass each day reduces these toxins and helps to push them through the body.
Additional Nutrition Facts About Barley Grass
- Your skin looks healthier with fewer breakouts and better elasticity.
- Barley grass also helps to reduce your cholesterol levels.
- It helps to stimulate and speed up the metabolism and helps to decrease appetite which can result in added weight loss.
- The antioxidants, vitamins E and C all help to reduce and prevent asthma and asthma attacks.
- Helps to prevent some types of cancer. It is being used as a preventative measure against breast cancer.
- Helps prevent osteoporosis and other bone diseases because of its high concentration of calcium. In fact, barley grass contains more than eleven times the amount of calcium that is in milk.
- It also helps to support the immune system with its high levels of vitamin C.
When you see all of the benefits lined up, you begin to understand just how important adding barley grass to your diet is.
- Barley grass has high levels of nutrients and vitamins.
- You only need to take a shot a day to literally keep the doctor away.
- It can help to prevent cancer.
- It can help to prevent the symptoms and attacks associated with asthma.
- Barley grass is a great superfood that packs a lot of benefits into a small amount of product.
- Helps to reduce the number of free radicals that are in your body.
- It helps with skin rejuvenation and keeps you looking fresh and young.
- It can aid in solving problems that are caused by digestive issues.
- Barley grass is not readily available at all markets and can be harder to find.
- There are links that barley flour can contribute to problems with asthma so if purchasing in powder form, you must check the ingredients list for this.
- People who are pregnant or nursing can have some potential problems if they drink too much barley grass juice.
- If you have celiac disease the barley can potentially cause problems and should be avoided.
- Barley grass could have some harmful effects if it is taken with other medications.
- Many barley grass products contain high levels of sugar and added chemicals.
What Users Are Saying About Barley Grass
When I started taking barley grass, I knew that I had found one supplement that I personally would not want to have to live without. It offered me energy and a great way to feel healthier. I loved that I felt good, had an increase in energy, and knew that I was eating something that was actually good for my body.
One young woman said, “I cannot believe how much better life has been since I discovered barley grass. I have had an increase in energy, performance, and stamina. I feel like I can conquer the world and I will be trying my hardest to achieve that.”
There are a number of substantial nutritional benefits to both wheatgrass and barley grasses. Many people choose to alternate between the two because they like them both. A mixture of the two is the best way to get the overall maximum nutritional benefit, and you will get an additional boost of nutrients by simply eating more green vegetables along with drinking wheatgrass and barley grass.