Vegan protein powder is a great option for those who are looking to add more amino acids to a vegan diet. Vegans often have a harder time getting protein, due to the fact that they eliminate animal products from their diet. They’re limited to the protein in legumes, soy, peas, brown rice, quinoa, and other whole grains.
It’s hard to get a proper balance of all the amino acids needed to build muscle, but that’s where protein powder comes in handy. Most vegan protein powders are made using multiple protein sources, delivering all the essential amino acids. The result: better muscle-building and overall health!
If you’re looking for a high-quality vegan protein powder, Yuve is a great option to consider. Read on to find out everything you need to know about this product:
About Yuve Protein Powder
PETA ranked Yuve protein powder as the “best tasting chocolate vegan protein shake”, and Yuve won the 2015 Veggie Awards hosted by Vegnews Magazine. Not only does it deliver a healthy dose of amino acids, but it’s one of the best-tasting protein powders around. If you’re looking for a protein powder you can enjoy, this is the one for you.
The protein comes from brown rice, chia seeds, and peas, giving you a healthy balance of essential amino acids. It’s great for vegan body builders and marathon runners, as it’s high in protein and low in both carbs and sugar.
Best of all, it has a long list of superfood ingredients, such as:
- Goji berries
- Acai berries
- Flax seeds
- and many more…
All in all, a great protein powder, one you’ll definitely want to consider!
- Made to Vegan standards
- Free of soy and dairy
- Contains no artificial ingredients or hormones
- Delivers 4 grams of fiber per serving
- 16 grams of protein per serving
- Price: About $39.99 (Check out the latest prices and discounts!)
- Container size: 1.32 pounds
With 16 grams of protein in this protein powder, you’re getting a hefty dose of veggie-based protein. Compare this to your average whey or casein protein powder (which contain 25-30 grams per serving), and you’re not getting quite as much protein per serving. However, the fact that it’s all plant-based means vegans can consume as much as they want without ingesting animal proteins.
The delicious chocolate flavor comes from raw cocoa, which is as natural as possible–ergo, very high in polyphenols. The antioxidant content of this protein powder is very high, thanks to its natural ingredients like resveratrol, raspberries, spirulina, Acai berries, and kale. It’s a low-sodium product you can consume even on a heart-smart diet.
You also get a healthy dose of 4 grams of fiber per serving, meaning the protein powder can improve your digestion as it provides your body the muscle-building amino acids it needs. The many vitamins and minerals from the ingredients makes this protein powder a very good one to add to your meals if you want to have a balanced diet complete with all the essential nutrients.
Pros of Yuve Protein Powder
Here are a few positive things users have had to say about Yuve protein powder:
- “So far the best protein shake I have ever tried. It is delicious with both water or any type of milk and it is very easy to prepare. Plus, it keeps you full for a very long time.”
- “As a vegetarian, it can be hard to get enough protein in my diet and this is helping a lot. Since I started drinking it daily I’ve felt my energy levels increase substantially.”
- “I just mix it with some unsweetened almond milk…in my blender bottle, shake it up and I’m good to go. The powder completely dissolves in the liquid. You don’t get little “clumps” floating around.”
- “It suppresses your appetite for a couple of hours and makes you feel good, focused and energized.”
Cons of Yuve Protein Powder
Like any product, there are a few potential downsides. Here are a few negative reviews about Yuve:
- “One thing I don’t love about it is it’s too sweet for my tastes. I am used to adding my own sugar with half a banana and some frozen berries, but I find I can’t add a banana and I need to add raspberries to dim down the sweet a little bit.”
- “I blend it (the scoop is huge) with a frozen banana and non-dairy milk in my Nutri Ninja and it still has that grittiness.”
- “The chocolate taste is nice, but there’s another smell/taste in there that I can’t place. It’s a weird sickly sweet smell and taste which makes is almost repulsive for me to drink.”
Other Options to Consider – Alternatives to Yuve
If you’re not certain Yuve is the right protein powder for you, here are a few alternatives to consider:
Organic Protein Powder Ora — Titled “Way Better Than Whey”, this USDA-certified organic protein powder delivers a hefty dose of nutrition per scoop. Not only do you get 19 grams of plant-based protein per serving, but you also get a wide range of nutrients thanks to the 40+ organic ingredients, including pea, flax seed, quinoa, hemp, wheat grass, spirulina, strawberries, blackberries, dandelion, and parsley.
It’s flavored using natural vanilla extract and Stevia, making it a low-sugar, low-calorie option worth considering. The primary downside: it’s EXPENSIVE–$50 for just over 1 pound, but check out the latest prices.
Orgain Organic Protein Plant-Based Powder — If you want great flavor and a lot of plant-based protein, you may want to consider this protein powder. Its “Creamy Chocolate Fudge” flavor is one of the best-tasting around, and you get 21 grams of brown rice, chia seed, pea, and hemp-based protein per scoop.
Thanks to the high fiber content of the powder, it contains just 3 grams of net carbs. It’s low in calories, contains very little sugar (all natural, of course), and is certified organic. It’s also a fairly inexpensive option–just over $20 for 2 pounds of the protein powder. Get the latest discounts and prices!Definitely one of the best vegan protein powders on the market!
You can read my full review of Orgain right here.
Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein — If you want a protein powder that also delivers a lot of fiber, this is the one you’re looking for. It delivers 37% of your daily protein needs, but 43% of your daily fiber requirements. With just two scoops of this powder per day, you’ll give your digestive system the nutrients it needs to function properly.
The plant-based protein (from certified organic hemp seeds) is easy to digest, and the protein powder is flavored with all natural ingredients. It’s made to be mixed into your smoothies and shakes as well as baked goods and cereals. It’s also the cheapest offering on the list–just under $30 for a 3-pound bag. All in all, a solid choice! You can read my full review of Nutiva here.
The Final Scoop
Yuve is a delicious-tasting protein powder, one that you’ll want to consider if good flavor matters more than the protein or calorie content. It delivers a good amount of the amino acids your body needs to build muscle, but packed with a lot of other vital nutrients as well.
If you don’t mind a Stevia-heavy flavor, you’ll fall in love with this protein powder in no time. Best of all, it’s a fairly affordable option!