Last Updated on by
There is nothing quite as overwhelming as walking into a supplement store to buy a certain type of product and be left staring at a wall of so many different brands you don’t know which to pick. Green supplements (powdered supplements primarily made of various greens, superfoods, algaes, etc) are a popular supplement as they are versatile and are beneficial for nearly anyone.
Whether you’re a weightlifter, focused on building muscle, wanting to lose weight, or simply are concerned about nutrition, green supplements can really help improve health.
Fortunately, there are tons of green supplements on the market. Unfortunately, there are tons of green supplements on the market, which means there is a lot of competition between brands. Two of the most popular are Organifi and Green Vibrance. While they are both packed with nutrition and some similar ingredients, there are a few differences between the two that could sway your decision on which to buy.
What is in Organifi?
Organifi is actually a brand, but their most popular product is Organifi Green Juice so often this product is simply referred to as the brand name. Despite juice being in the name this is a powdered supplement. The label examples that this is a “Coconut & Ashwagandha Infused Green Juice” that is a “Gently Dried Superfood Powder”.
Ingredients in Organifi include two blends:
- Alkaline Greens Proprietary Blend – Wheat grass (dried and dried juice), horseradish tree leaf, spirulina, chlorella, and matcha green tea
- Super Food Proprietary Blend – Coconut water, ashwagandha root extract, red beet root, and turmeric
All ingredients are 100% organic. Other ingredients include soluble rice bran, lemon flavor, orange flavor, mint flavor, and Monk Fruit.
Like most powdered supplements this container includes a scoop, with 1 scoop being 1 serving (or roughly 9 grams). In each serving of Organifi you get:
- Calories – 25
- Carbs – 4 G
- Fiber – 4 G
- Sugars – 1 G
- Protein – 2 G
- Calcium – 31 MG
- Iron – 2 MG
- Sodium – 15 MG
Organifi Green Juice only comes in one container size which has 30 servings total, so essentially a one month supply. Retail is $69.95 for one bottle. Organifi offers a Subscribe and Save option for one bottle per month which brings the price down to $59.46 (For the latest prices and discounts, check here).
Organifi’s primary purpose to help with hydration, hormone balancing, improving immune system response, help with stress, and improve mental function. This product is non-GMO, free of gluten and soy, and is also vegan-friendly. It can easily be mixed on its own with water or can be added to smoothies.
Many find that because of the added flavor it is much easier to drink this supplement, even just mixed with water as the directions suggest. That being said, Organifi does includes a free recipe booklet to download from their site to use with this product.
What is in Green Vibrance?
Green Vibrance is one of the most recognized and recommended green supplements, and one that many other competing brands are compared to as a standard.
Ingredients in Green Vibrance are so extensive that they are broken down into 10 categories on the label:
- Cereal Grasses – Barley (leaf & juice), oat (leaf & juice), wheat (leaf & juice), and Kamut
- Plant-Based Micro-Nutrition – Chlorella, sunflower, spirulina, beet root, parsley, zucchini, alfalfa sprouts, carrot root, spinach, green bean, broccoli sprouts, ascophyllum nodosum seaweed, kale sprouts, mustard, and policosanol
- Antioxidant Life Preservers – Tomato, strawberry, acerola, amla, apricot, goji berry, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, grape seed, grape skin, green tea, pomegranate, and black mustard seed
- Immune Support – Astragalus extract, beta 1,3-1,6, and Larch arabinogalactans extract (ResistAid)
- Adaptogens – Eleutherococcus senticosus root, holy basil, and suma root
- Skeletal Support – Cissus quadrangularis, lichen oil, and boron
- Fiber – Fructo-oligosaccharides, acacia gum fiber, apple, flaxseed, and Larch arabinogalactans
- Liver Support – Carrot root, chicory root, dandelion root, liverwort, and gentian root
- Enzymes & Tonics – Ginger root, Enzyme Blend (Protease 4.5 and 6.0, lipase, amylase, invertase, and cellulase), and cayenne pepper
- Probiotics – Bifidobacterium breve, bifidobacterium longum, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus rhamnosus, lactobacillus paracasei, lactobacillus plantarum, lactobacillus lactic, propionibacterium shermanii, bifidobacterium bifidum, streptococcus thermophilus, and lactobacillus helveticus
The only other ingredient is Govanil natural vanilla powder. Majority of ingredients are organic but others aren’t, so this isn’t considered an organic supplement.
Like Organifi, Green Vibrance includes a scoop, with 1 scoop being 1 serving (roughly 12 grams). In each serving of Green Vibrance you get:
- Calories – 40
- Fat – 0.5 G
- Carbs – 7 G
- Fiber – 2 G
- Sugars – 1 G
- Protein – 2 G
- Calcium – 63 MG
- Iron – 3 MG
- Sodium – 40 MG
- Vitamin A – 4,157 IU
- Vitamin C – 50 MG
- Vitamin D3 – 1,000 IU
- Vitamin E – 100 IU
- Vitamin K – 47 MCG
- Vitamin B-12 – 2 MCG
- Iron – 3 MG
- Iodine – 154 MCG
- Magnesium – 25 MG
- Selenium – 46 MG
- Chromium – 74 MCG
- Potassium – 190 MG
Green Vibrance comes in multiple container sizes including 15 Day, 30 Day, and 60 Day. There are also other options to buy Green Vibrance in capsule form or packets. Die-hard Green Vibrance lovers can also save money by ordering a kilo (2.2lbs) of this powder. Prices vary but a 30 day supply is $49.95 (For the latest prices and discounts, check here).
Green Vibrance is all about total body health and benefits. It is based off of paleo principles and it’s main focus is to not just maintain health but also help the body heal. It focuses mostly on heart health, digestive health, detoxification, boosting immunity, preventing aging, and helping to stabilize blood sugar.
This powder is very nutritionally dense and can be mixed with water, juice, or added to smoothies. Be warned that it does have a strong flavor and is slightly gritty, so it might be difficult to drink with just water for some in the beginning.
Which Supplement Should You Buy?
Organifi is essentially a dried green juice, and therefore it’s ingredient list is fairly typical of what you might find in a very high-quality fresh green juice. It has a nice selection of ingredients but hardly compares to the very extensive ingredients in Green Vibrance.
With that said, hands-down Green Vibrance is a better choice if you are looking for a serious supplement that is loaded with ingredients that support total body health. It is ideal for those looking to come back after an illness or those that are beginning a strict new regimen to improve their lifestyle.
Considering the price difference as well, with Organifi at over $60 (For the latest prices and discounts, check here)and Green Vibrance at just under $50 (For the latest prices and discounts, check here), there is even more reason to choose the later.
Green Vibrance is also easier to find in most supplement stores and seems to be an overall more trusted product/brand than Organifi, though is simply because it’s been around for longer.
Organifi is absolutely a great choice, but may be better for those that are specifically looking for a powdered green juice they can simply mix and get out the door with. It does taste better mixed with just water compared to green vibrance, which is another thing to consider if you’re very sensitive to “green” taste.
All in all, if you’re focused exclusively on bettering your health then using Green Vibrance on a daily basis is the best choice. If you want essentially a green juice mix as a tasty but healthy beverage, Organifi could be very useful. You could always consume both on a daily basis as well.
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.