Last Updated on by
If you want to start a low-carb diet or you’re already following a keto eating plan, you will definitely need an app to keep track of your progress in an accurate and easy way. Your keto journey is different than the one of everyone else so you must find the right tracker that matches your needs.
Below, I have gathered some of the best keto trackers you should try this year. I have selected them based on their functions, options, availability, affordability, and customer reviews.
- 1 1. My Fitness Pal
- 2 2. Total Keto Diet
- 3 3. Keto Diet App
- 4 4. Carb Manager Low Carb Diet Tracker
- 5 5. Stupid Simple Keto
- 6 Let’s Recap
1. My Fitness Pal
If you want to track your ketogenic diet plan‘s general macros, My Fitness Pal is one of the best and most effective apps on the market. This popular keto tracker will help you count your calorie intake, keep a daily online diary, and accurately keep track of all your workouts. It works great for busy people with an active lifestyle.
- It is an effective exercise tracker. With My Fitness Pal, you will gain access to a large database with over 350 different workout routines. During each of these activities, you will also see how many calories you burn. Moreover, the types of exercises vary from cardio and Pilates to yoga and strength training so that you won’t get easily bored.
- The app provides you with personalized recommendations based on your specific characteristics such as gender, weight, and height.
- You can scan whatever food item you are about to consume by using the packaging’s barcode. This way, you will be able to always stick to your keto diet while also knowing all the nutritional details of the foods you eat. Moreover, on My Fitness Pal, there are plenty of healthy and nutritious recipes that you can prepare.
- Teaches you self-discipline which is great for both your physical and mental health;
- It is an affordable keto tracker. The app itself is free while most of the recipes don’t cost a lot of money to prepare at home;
- It is a highly convenient app with a huge database;
- Using this app will allow you to receive instantaneous feedback;
- The diet recommendations you will get are flexible and customized depending on your personal needs.
- The food database is not constantly updated when it comes to food items’ barcodes;
- It works on your mobile phone as long as you have a decent wireless connection. If there’s no Internet connection, you won’t be able to access this tracker;
- According to certain specialists, always counting calories might not be so good for your mental health. It is ok to keep track of what you eat as long as it doesn’t transform into an obsession;
- Some people have found this tracker to be a little time-consuming because, apparently, it takes a bit long for the app to choose the proper foods for your needs.
2. Total Keto Diet
Tasteaholics, which is an online platform, is the mastermind behind the Total Keto Diet tracker. This app provides you with a large array of healthy and nutritionally-balanced recipes. Also, you will gain access to plenty of informative articles regarding the ketogenic lifestyle.
- There’s the possibility to select your favorite meals and recipes. Then, you can develop your own personalized shopping list;
- The app lets you share your meals or recipe ideas with other users so that you receive the chance of being published in this tracker’s recipe library. This section is constantly updated;
- The app’s developers are currently working on developing some brand new improved features such as a macronutrient tracker;
- It comes with a keto diet guide for beginners;
- Helps you monitor your carb intake and keep track of your diet’s macros.
- It is a helpful and convenient keto tracker with plenty of great features;
- Helps you keep track of your weight-loss progress and lose those extra pounds that have always been bugging you;
- It provides a large and excellent informational hub with many informative articles;
- It is very easy to manage its functions and create your own shopping lists.
- A few users complained about the fact that Total Keto Diet tracker is too basic and it doesn’t offer anything else than some simple recipe ideas;
- One reviewer said this app is not very user-friendly although the majority of those who have tried it claim it is easy to use.
This is a free Android app so you can only download it on Google Play. You can find more about it on the app’s official web page.
3. Keto Diet App
This keto tracker is not only about helping you lose weight at any cost. It is more about encouraging you to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The Keto Diet app will work for anyone who is following a low-carb eating plan. When it comes to accuracy, this tracker is one of the best options out there.
- This app also works as an intuitive diet planner and you can create your own customized profile that includes hundreds of meals, keto snacks, and more;
- You can easily track all your ketogenic diet’s macros like body measurements, body fat, weight, carb intake, etc.;
- The app’s database contains no less than 96 different low-carb recipes. Furthermore, you will also find 450 free recipe ideas on their integrated keto blog. However, if you want any additional recipe package, you will have to purchase it separately;
- It allows you to set your carb intake limit as well as your weight-loss goals;
- It comes with a built-in keto calculator which will determine your optimal macronutrient intake;
- If you cannot find all your desired ingredients in the app’s database, there’s the possibility to insert your own items;
- Grocery shopping will become a lot easier with this keto tracker due to its intuitive virtual shopping basket.
- Accuracy and privacy are the most important aspects that Keto Diet app’s developers are focusing on. All your data is kept private and all the tracker’s nutritional details are based on verifiable sources;
- It is a simple yet effective keto tracker with a user-friendly interface;
- You will also receive a useful keto diet guide which contains specific information that is suitable for both beginners and advanced ketogenic dieters;
- You will get the support of the entire Keto Diet online community. This app has thousands of dieters who have already joined their Facebook support group. There, you can discover how to get started or find answers to your keto-related questions.
- Some people consider this app to be a bit time-consuming. A few reviewers have even said that Keto Diet tracker is quite a disappointment in that regard;
- One person complained about the fact that she couldn’t scan the barcodes of her food items in the app’s custom meals section;
- There are only two available measuring options when you want to insert the amount of a food item or ingredient you consumed. You can only pick from ounces or grams. A few users are not happy that they cannot include something else like tablespoons, teaspoons, cups, etc.
4. Carb Manager Low Carb Diet Tracker
Carb Manager is a comprehensive carb-restricted app which also does a great job at counting your keto diet’s macros. All you have to do is insert your meals in the tracker’s dedicated section. This can be done via camera, search, or voice which proves that this is a versatile application.
- It is a one-stop destination or shop for a healthy low-carb lifestyle;
- It lets you insert your carb limit and define your weight-loss goals;
- You can include the nutritional value of the foods you eat by scanning the products’ barcodes or through the app’s accurate search option;
- You can log one food item in no time by snapping a pic of it;
- The Low-Carb Diet Tracker developed by Carb Manager provides more than 350,000 different Paleo, keto, and other low-carb recipes. Moreover, they come with helpful and clear instructions as well as photos;
- You can track multiple nutrition-related indicators like total and net carbohydrates, calories, fat, protein, and 30 other nutrients;
- With this app, you can even track your water intake so it will be easy to stay well hydrated;
- Offers users beautiful charts of their BMI, weight, progress, etc.
- You can access your data on your mobile or on the tracker’s full-featured website;
- You receive an unlimited number of low-carb recipe ideas that you can search;
- Users get unlimited logging when it comes to snapping food pictures;
- The app offers an intuitive meal planner that will help you generate shopping lists as well as weekly meals;
- It comes with a kickstart diet guide.
- Although this is an easy-to-use app, some reviewers stated it is a bit difficult for them to search and upload their food items of preferred meals for each day of their diet;
- Despite the fact that this is a free app, there’s only a limited number of food items you can enter before being required to pay a fee;
- Apparently, sometimes, this keto tracker works a bit slow and it is prone to glitches;
- It seems that the app works better on iPads and iPhones and not that great on Android devices.
5. Stupid Simple Keto
Stupid Simple Keto was developed by MyStupidSimpleApp which has also launched Stupid Simple Paleo and Stupid Simple Macros, in collaboration with Venn Interactive, Inc. Not only will this tracker help you lose weight but it will also support you in keeping those extra pounds off. All the updates made to this application have made it significantly more stable and have increased its performance.
- User-friendly icons that make the daily process of logging your calories and carbs a breeze;
- You can easily track your progress visually by taking private selfies;
- Users can upload new foods by using the barcode scanner option;
- This app allows you to sync all your data between your devices for free;
- There is a feature that lets you set daily goals and constantly update or change your portion sizes;
- The tracker sends useful warnings when you’re about to reach your daily protein, carbs, or fat limit;
- With Stupid Simple Keto, it is very easy to track your water intake as well and keep yourself hydrated which is a crucial aspect of any weight-loss journey.
- Stupid Simple Keto app teaches you the proper way to lose weight, eat right, develop new healthier habits, and maintain a slim figure;
- Allows you to add custom food items and meals;
- It comes with a wide range of useful features;
- According to most users, this app is an amazing way to easily track all your keto diet macros without spending a lot of time doing so;
- It works great for visual people.
- Only the basic version of this app is totally free of charge. If you want to upgrade to the full version you must pay a fee;
- Some users say it contains a bit too many ads;
- You must be careful not to skip a day of inserting new meals or macros because a few reviewers said this issue has messed up several days of progress tracking in their log book.
All the keto trackers mentioned above are excellent resources for all of you keto dieters out there. You don’t even have to follow a strict ketogenic eating plan to use these applications. They are good for people who want to monitor their macros and watch their carb intake as well. Establish a goal, choose an app, and go for it!
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.