Last Updated on by
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight (the REAL weight loss–meaning burning fat), you know how darned hard it can be! The human body has evolved to accumulate fat, as it is trying to protect against starvation. Burning fat (and fat loss in general) is one of the most difficult things, and it goes against your body’s instincts.
In a Rush? Looking for Our Top Pick? To cut to the chase, I highly recommend Vintage Burn here, as our top thermogenic for men.
For those who need a helping hand with weight loss, thermogenics can be a wonderful solution. Thermogenics are designed to increase your internal body heat, stimulating your metabolism and enhancing fat burning. They can be the supplement that will help you to lose weight.
But with so many supplements on the market, it can be tough to know which is best. There are just too many options to choose from–each product with their own unique formulation and ingredients. Thankfully, we’ve made it easier for you to find the best thermogenics for men like you who want to lose weight:
- 1 #1 Pick: Vintage Burn
- 2 Top Pick: Cellucor Super HD
- 3 Top Pick: Extreme Fat Burner
- 4 Other Options: Fat Burn Super Thermogenic
- 5 Other Options: Thermogenic Formula 656
#1 Pick: Vintage Burn
With a 4.5-star rating from over 1,000 reviews on Amazon, this product is definitely one of the better US-made thermogenic supplements around.
Not only does it help you to burn fat, but it preserves muscle. All of the “burn” is focused on body fat, helping you to lower your body mass index without eliminating lean muscle mass. There are no additives, preservatives, or synthetic ingredients in the supplement. The list of ingredients includes:
- Raspberry ketones
- Green tea extract
- Garcinia Cambogia
- Bacopa Leaf extract
- Olive Leaf extract
Directions: Take 2 capsules twice every day, 30 to 45 minutes before your meals. For maximum results, take the capsules three times per day.
Price: About $49.99 as of this writing (Check out the lowest prices and discounts here)
The bottle contains 120 capsules, and should last you up to 30 days (taking two capsules twice daily).
Here are a few good things users have to say about Vintage Burn:
- This helped keep my metabolism up. Awake, with NO JITTERS.
- The aftertaste is actually rather pleasant! Not having to dread taking the pills, helps.
- I have been taking Vintage Burn for 10 days now in conjunction with dieting, weight training, and cardio–I am healthily down 8 pounds!
- Now 3 months into using Vintage Burn, with a 2-week cycle off period after 60 days of use, and I am down 25 pounds! I am alert and awake with a solid amount of “clean” energy. I don’t feel irritable, I have not experienced any jitters.
Of course, a few downsides were mentioned:
- Used this product through the entire bottle. I did not see any results.
- I’m not saying it doesn’t work at all, just didn’t affect my system at all.
- I noticed no change with my body what so ever. I actually had more headaches and migraines.
As with all supplements, it may not work for EVERYONE–but for those for whom it did work, the results were noticeable. I’d definitely recommend high energy expenditure workouts to maximize the effect.
Top Pick: Cellucor Super HD
This is a product recommended by many “authority” sites, such as Men’s Health, Bodybuilding, and Men’s Fitness. Cellucor is a brand of supplements known for making effective, safe supplements, and this is no different!
This is more than just a thermogenic supplement. It’s for those who hit the gym hard, as it will speed up metabolic rate and give you more energy in addition to the fat burning.
The specific list of active ingredient supplements include:
- Green tea extract (natural metabolism boost)
- Slimpro (trademarked Cellucor “naturally-derived” ingredient)
- Amla fruit extract (memory and mental energy boost)
- Dandelion root extract
Directions: Take one capsule twice per day, up to 60 minutes before your workout.
Price: About $29.99 as of this writing (For latest discounts and prices.)
Overall, Not a bad price for a 30-day supply of the supplement.
There are a number of positive comments about this supplement:
- You’re going to have a lot of energy, you’re going to poop a lot. You’re going to be flushed (red faced and warm) the first few times you use it… You’re also going to see results!
- When I first started taking HDs I would get a little “buzz,” similar to Adderall, just not as strong. I am awake all day.
- My appetite is not as strong which makes watching my diet much easier.
- It allows me to push myself more so I have more effective workouts.
Not all the reviewers had positive feedback:
- I lost a little bit of weight using it but unfortunately it gave me the jitters big time.
- My biggest tip for taking these pills: YOU DO NOT NEED MORE THAN ONE PILL A DAY. If I ever take more than one pill a day my workout is ruined and my stomach is upset all day.
- I noticed shortness of breath with intense cardio when I first started taking HDs but it wore off after about 2 weeks.
All in all, it’s definitely a supplement worth considering!
Top Pick: Extreme Fat Burner
If you’re tired of the more “traditional” thermogenics, this one is a good option to try. It doesn’t contain caffeine, but it’s packed with other natural ingredients to get the job done! The supplement will help to speed up fat burning, suppress your appetite, and give you an energy boost to help you get through your workout.
The ingredients include:
- Raspberry ketones (thermogenic and metabolism booster)
- Green tea extract (antioxidant and thermogenic)
Directions: Take one capsule in the morning. Take no more than 2 per 24 hours. Only take before 4 PM. After 8 weeks, take at least 2 weeks off the supplement.
Price: About $25.99 as of this writing (For latest discounts and prices.)
For 90 capsules, this is an excellent deal! You only take one capsule per day, so it lasts for up to 3 months.
Here are some of the positive reviews on Extreme Fat Burner:
- Been taking this for over two weeks now and have definitely noticed a difference in my appetite. Although not too much noticeable in my weight yet I do feel less hungry and my clothes seem to fit better.
- My cravings throughout the day have diminished and am a lot less hungry with the added bonus of losing some weight.
- This is really helping with keeping my energy levels up. I also find that I am sleeping much better and feeling energetic the following morning.
Of course, there are negative reviews of the supplement:
- This product left my stomach very unsettled. Always felt swollen and much discomfort.
- I actually feel hungrier. I think if I was not somebody who works out and diets I would have gained weight. No weight loss achieved.
While not the most effective supplement for weight loss, it’s definitely an excellent appetite suppressant and energy booster.
Other Options: Fat Burn Super Thermogenic
This is a product designed to burn fat, boost your metabolism, eliminate toxins, and suppress your appetite. It’s an affordable option for those trying to lose weight the natural way!
The ingredients include:
- Green tea extract
- Raspberry ketones
- Once I started taking it an hour before eating a meal, I noticed a big decrease in my appetite. I also increased my water intake. Since then I lost 6 pounds. I’ve had zero side effects.
- This one curbs my appetite a lot!
- I definitely eat less and think less about food. It suppresses my appetite. I feel full while eating less.
- I’ve been taking this product for about two months and I haven’t lost a single pound.
- I was as hungry as always and didn’t lose a single pound! I took the whole bottle as indicated but didn’t feel any changes in mood or weight.
Other Options: Thermogenic Formula 656
This product contains 9 special ingredients (unlisted on the manufacturer’s website) to help:
- Lose weight
- Suppress your appetite
- Boost your metabolism
- Increase natural energy
- Improve memory and mental focus
All in all, it’s a solid choice for those looking for a helping hand with fat burning and weight loss!
- My endurance and overall energy at the gym have seen a huge boost. I’m running at least a mile longer each workout, and I’ve broken some of my weight lifting plateaus.
- I’ve been using Formula 656 for about three weeks now and dropped a couple inches around my waist.
- Formula 656 also acts as an appetite suppressant. You’re eating less, using more energy, and in the process you will also begin to burn off any extra fat you have.
- After taking it a couple of times, I can honestly say it’s not for me. It’s probably working, but it makes me feel lightheaded and uncomfortable.
- I do not feel that these worked at all. I did feel energy boost but no weight loss.
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.